Well, we (should) all know about keeping a model bag.
If you don’t know what a model bag is, it is a small bag that has your E S S E N T I A L S, as a working model. A “go” bag, if you will.
This bag should be packed and ready at all times, especially when you’re busy. We get it though, no one is perfect and sometimes we do forget to put things back into our bag.. and regret it a lot later.
The bags below can apply to all models but some things are especially important as a petite.
Lets do the lazy girl bag:
- A pair of heels in nude that fit perfectly and you’re comfortable in.
- Nipple pasties
- Safety pins ( a petite must )
- Breath mints/gum
- A compcard
I call this the “lazy girl bag” because it’s the type of thing you can set and forget, it doesn’t have to be a huge bag AND it’s the bare minimum you can get away with.
The bag below isn’t really a “set and forget” because not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to have spare shoes, bras, makeup, and accessories just for modelling,
The Complete organised model bag:
- A pair of heels in nude – enclosed toe
- A pair of heels in black – enclosed toe
- A pair of heels in nude – Sandal
- A pair of heels in black – Sandal
- Plain bikini – solid monochrome preferably (for castings)
- Nipple pasties
- Nude strapless bra
- Black strapless bra
- Double sided tape / Hollywood tape
- Safety pins
- A foundation in your shade (especially if you’re very pale/very dark)
- Lip balm
- Mints / Gum
- Makeup wipes
- Hair elastics (for castings)
- Bobby pins ( especially if you have a fringe)
- Plain earrings (sleepers or studs)
- Comp cards (for castings)
- Nail polish remover
- Clear/nude nail polish
- Nail file
Obviously this bag is going to be a little bigger and not the type of things you could just have laying around. If you can have a mix between the 2 and remember to grab the other items on your way out the door for a day of shoots and castings, you’re looking at one very organised model.